just a friendly reminder that for over a hundred years, pit bulls used to be referred to as “the nanny dog” and their main job was as babysitters.
- in temperance tests (the equivalent of how many times your kid can poke your dog in the eye before it bites him) of all breeds the most tolerant was the golden retriever. the second most tolerant was the pit bull. temperament evaluations by the american temperament test society give american pit bull terriers a very high passing rate of 82.6%, while the average passing rate for the other 121 dog breeds tested was only 77%.
- pit bulls are not naturally human aggressive. in fact pit bull puppies prefer human company to their mother’s two weeks before all other dogs.
- no spayed/neutered, indoor pit bull has ever killed a person.
- contrary to the popular myth, pit bulls DO NOT have locking jaws.
- approximately 6000 pit bulls are put to death every day, by far the highest number of any breed euthanized.
EEEEEEE SOOO CUUUTTTTTEEEEE!!!
Noam Chomsky (via lesilencieux)
I got an email today from StudentDebtCrisis.org asking people with student debt to take a survey about their experience paying off their loans and dealing with lenders. They’re going to present their findings to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, so if you’re one of the millions of college grads suffering under a mountain of debt, you should definitely fill it out.
this is like porn for me omg
I think it’s such bullshit that I have to memorize and act out 35 lines of Shakespearean dialogue while everyone else only has to rehearse and recite around 10 and one other around 20. HOW IS THIS FAIR and WHY WAS THIS SCENE PICKED FOR US? Why were the parts not divvied up so that everyone has around the same lines instead of most people having next to no lines and some of us having the entire scene?! I have six classes and a job to dedicate time to and I don’t see how this could possibly be okay to assign.
On top of that the course schedule changed the date of the performance to the day that my surgery is scheduled on. So I probably won’t act it out in class and just to my professor which will make me feel even more awkward. I’m trying to look at it as experience for speaking in front of others as I want to become a professor. I don’t have a problem giving speeches and talking in front of others, but I do have a problem with acting in theatre and reciting lines verbatim; especially in front of others. I’ve been in a school play before and mutilated the few lines that I had. I’m doing to Prologue, which means I am talking directly to the audience and have no breaks in between my lines. How on EARTH can I recite 35 lines all in one go? I. Am. Freaking. Out.
End rant. Sorry for anyone who reads this.
this wins over other pro-gay commercials because you had no idea he was gay and then you can’t tell which one is his husband
they are showing them as people
not as gays and straights
so glad this is on tumblr for all to see. I squealed when i say this on tv during the day.